1) Be yourself. Stop trying to impress everyone else.
2) Take the time to pre-heat the damn oven. Trust me – it makes a difference.
3) Always check to see if there is toilet paper in a public washroom stall before (not after) going pee.
4) Take care of yourself – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It takes time and effort, but it is worth it.
5) Acquiring information doesn’t necessarily equate to intelligence; however, being able to critically think about that information does.
6) Don’t take shit from anyone, and stand your ground. Do this without being a self-centered asshole. Be willing to accept when you have made a mistake, learn from it, and do better next time.
7) Sometimes you have to listen more than you speak.
8) Animals enrich your life more than you enrich theirs. They bring unconditional love to the table. Even if your cat is a jerk, she’s your jerk. Appreciate your pets. Love your pets. Treat them well.
9) Value the people in your life who treat you right, and forget about the rest. Those who are loyal, loving, and compassionate are irreplaceable. Show them and tell them how much they mean to you.
10) Love fiercely. Love your family – blood or not. Love your spouse. Love yourself.